Friday, May 10, 2013

Telopea Truncata with Mass Quantities of Flowers!

Telopea Truncata blooming in my garden now
     I have previously written about Telopea truncata, an evergreen shrub from Tasmania here and here.  This shrub has grown in my garden for upwards of 10 years, and it has never suffered from the cold.  This year it is putting on its best floral show ever--there are 12 of these great red flowers on it!  So maybe I am exaggerating when I say that this constitutes mass quantities of blossom, but that is the most that this shrub has ever had--three was the maximum number in years past.  I expect that as this plant gets older it will have more and more of these blossoms (I hope).  As I wrote before, my specimen is not particularly well shaped or beautiful, but I must admit that these flowers make up for that shortcoming.  Also, as I have previously written, these shrubs are very rare here, but this one has performed so well in my garden that I think more people should try to find them and grow them. 

1 comment:

  1. Wowzers! Paul Bonine just posted a photo fo this plant on Facebook. I am now in full-on plant lust. It's going on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete