Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Eryngium Blue Jackpot With Bees

Eryngium Blue Jackpot with five bees on it at once
     I have previously written about one of the best eryngiums I have grown here,  Eryngium 'Blue Jackpot".  I have a number of these in my garden and they are just now coming into bloom.  I noticed that on one of the most advanced of these flowers there were five bees at once busily harvesting whatever it is they harvest!  These eryngiums seem to be great flowers for attracting bees. 
     Another great group of plants for attracting bees, I have noticed, are the echiums.  My Echium amoenum, which I wrote about here is virtually covered with bees.
     Speaking of wildlife, for those of you who expressed concern about the baby deer in my garden which I wrote about in my last entry, at a little after 9:00 that evening, the mother came and took it away with her.  They have not been seen by me since.

No comments:

Post a Comment